Rules of the road have been made for motor vehicle drivers under the Central Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Which is mandatory for the driver to follow.
Road Regulation Regulations – 1989
01. Short title and commencement – (1) This regulation is abbreviated as Road Regulation Regulations 1989.
02. Staying left – The driver of a motor vehicle will drive the vehicle on the left side of the road as close as possible and allow all traffic coming from its front direction from its right side.
03. Turning right – a motor vehicle driver
(A) When turning to the left of the road on which he is turning, the left side of the road on which he is entering, will stay on the left side.
(B) On turning to the right, the road on which he is traveling will run as much as possible and reach the left side of the road on which he is entering.
04. Moving from the right – Except as provided in Regulation 4, the driver of a motor vehicle shall proceed through the right side of all traffic moving in that direction.
05. Moving to the left – The driver of a motor vehicle will be able to pass through the right side of such a vehicle in which the driver has indicated the intention of turning to the right, that vehicle has come in the middle of the road and the team carriage or fixed track. But any other vehicle moving on it is going in the same direction from which it is coming or otherwise it can go ahead from both the sides.
But in any case, the tram will not pass ahead of the car at such a time or in such a manner that it is possible to cause inconvenience or danger to the other people using the road, including those who descend and enter the tram.
06. Prohibition of overtaking in certain cases – The driver of a motor vehicle will not proceed from any vehicle which is going in the direction in which it is going, in the following conditions.
(A) If in any case, there is a possibility of inconvenience or danger to other traffic by increasing its overtaking.
(B) If it is near any such place, or shore or any hill or any other such obstruction, from which the road ahead is not clearly visible.
(C) If he knows that the driver following him has started to overtake him.
(D) If the driver ahead of him has not indicated that he can overtake.
07. Do not obstruct the overtaking – the driver of a motor vehicle shall not accelerate or in any manner do such work at a time when the other vehicle is moving or overtaking it to overtake it. Prevent any other vehicle from overtaking it.
08. Caution at the location of roads – the driver of a motor vehicle when it is approaching a place where one road crosses another road or where several roads are found or where there is a pedestrian crossing, or where the road It has the edge, will slow down the speed of the vehicle and will not enter the site until it comes to know that it can do so without endangering the safety of the people there.
09. To give traffic to the place where roads are found – the driver of a motor vehicle in a place where one road cuts another road on which traffic is not being regulated and the road is being entered is the main road. As mentioned, it will give way to those vehicles that are going on that road and in any other case it will give way to all the vehicles which are coming on that road from its right side.
10. Providing Vacuum Routes to Fire Service Vehicles and Ambulances – Each driver shall provide a vacuum route on the side of the road when approaching a fire service vehicle, or an ambulance.
11. Right of way – Pedestrians have the right to walk on uncontrolled pedestrian paths. When a pedestrian or pedestrian path is specifically provided for any other traffic on a road, no driver shall drive such a walkway or route without the permission of a police officer in uniform.
12. Turning as “U” – Any driver turning as U at that place is particularly prohibited and there is busy traffic on the road as U will not turn. If turning as u is permissible then the driver will give the signal with the hand which is to turn right, will look in the rear view mirror and then turn then it is safe to do so.
13. Signs given by drivers –
The following signs will be used by the drivers of all motor vehicles i.e.
(A) When the driver wants to slow down the speed of the vehicle, he will pull out the palm of his right hand from the right side of the vehicle and will lower the arm thus removed several times in such a manner that the driver of the vehicle behind it The signal can be seen.
(B) When the driver wants to stop, he will take out his right fore arm from the right side of his vehicle and stand it in front of the palm and then stand the other way.
(C) When the driver moves to the right or wants to move ahead of any other vehicle or for any other purpose, on the right side of the road, with his right arm facing the palm of the hand in a horizontal position, Will take the vehicle out to the right.
(D) When a driver wants to turn to the left or to drive on the left side of the road, then he will take out his right arm and turn counter-clockwise.
(E) When a driver wants to tell the driver of his rear vehicle that he wants the driver of the rear vehicle to move forward, then he will take out the right arm and arm of his vehicle from the right side of his vehicle. And moves the arm back and forth in a semi circular motion.
14. Direction Indicator – The signals specified in exchange 12 can also be simplified by mechanical or electrotechnical devices.
15. Parking of vehicles –
01. Every driver of a motor vehicle while parking a vehicle on a road shall park in such a manner that it does not pose any danger or obstruction or undue inconvenience to other users of the road. And if the way to park is indicated by a sign board or roadside sign, then he will park his vehicle in the same manner.
02. No driver of a motor vehicle shall park his vehicle at the following place.
01. A road intersection bend, over or near a bridge that rises to the top of a hill
02. On foot
03. Near a traffic light or pedestrian crossing
04. On the main road or on any road on which traffic moves at high speed.
05. In front of other standing vehicles or as a barrier to other vehicles.
06. Next to other standing vehicle.
07. There is a continuous white line on a road with or without a segmented line at such places of roads.
08. Near the entrance to the bus station, school or hospital or at a place where traffic signs or campuses or bumbo obstruct.
09. On the wrong side of the road
10. Prohibition of standing.
11. Away from the walkway
16. Visibility of lamps and registration marks –
01. Any load or other cargo on a motor vehicle in such a manner that it covers any lamp or registration mark required by the Act to be carried or displayed on a motor vehicle under it. Or other interference in its visibility shall not be maintained unless an extra lamp and insignia in place of such covered or otherwise obscure jeep or sign The blank lamp and sign additional is a not covered or obscured lamp or by the performance of the act of signs or displayed in the manner required thereunder.
02. All registrations and signs required to be displayed on a motor vehicle by or under the Act shall be kept in a clean and legible condition at all times.
17. Unilateral Traffic –
(1) shall drive a motor vehicle in the direction specified by the signal board on a road which is declared “unilateral” or otherwise.
02. On a road which is “unilateral”, it will not drive the vehicle in the back direction.
18. Driving on Arranged Roads (Street Traffic) –
01. Where the streets are marked for driving traffic on a road, the driver of a motor vehicle will drive the vehicle inside a street and change the street only after giving proper signal .
02. Where a road is marked by a yellow lane division, vehicles moving in the same lamp, which are trying to overtake each other, will not cross the yellow line.
19. Stopping signs on the road
01. Where a line is marked or accumulated on the roadway or on the foot of the road crossing or otherwise on the roadway, no driver shall drive the motor vehicle in such a manner that Any part of it at any time when any sign of stopping is being given by a police officer or through a traffic control lamp or by any display of a traffic sign. Be eating protrusion.
02. For the purpose of this regulation, no part of a line shall be less than 50 mm wide, either white or yellow.
01. A mechanically impaired motor vehicle or an incompletely fitted motor vehicle other than a registration trailer or a cleaned car, for the purposes of delivery by any type of vehicle and to the nearest filling station or garage. Except, shall not be cursed or retracted.
02. No motor vehicle shall be carved or towed by any other motor vehicle unless the driver of the motor vehicle being towed or retracted is holding a license on the seat, authorizing him to drive the vehicle. Is or unless fastening, is not firmly or securely suspended above the road page by crane or other device.
03. When a motor vehicle is being towed by a motor vehicle, the distance between the front of the front of the vehicle in front of the forward vehicle shall not exceed 05 meters at any time, such as tracing rope or chain. Which can be easily transported by other users, and is not less than 75 millimeters in height behind the vehicle being towed, in black letters and on white fuselage. The word “T” will be displayed clearly.
04. Any motor vehicle, while it is towing a vehicle other than a trailer or sidecar, shall not be driven at speeds exceeding 25 km per hour.
21. Use of horns and peace zones –
The driver of any vehicle –
01. Not to sound honorably or continuously or more than is necessary to ensure safety.
02. Will not play honk in peace zone.
03. Will not use cut outs, which are released through a silencer such as removal.
04. Will not fit or use any multi-tone horn that emits harsh, pointed, sharp or frightening sounds.
05. Will not operate any vehicle which, while it is in motion, emits an abnormal sound.
06. Won’t drive a vehicle with a muffler that produces a frightening sound.
22. Traffic signs and traffic police –
The driver of the motor vehicle and every other person using the road –
(A) shall follow every instruction given by the load-seeker or any police officer or authority person for the regulation of traffic, whether by signal or otherwise.
(B) applicable to it and shall follow any instruction indicated on it or indicated therein by any authority appointed or prevailing traffic sign or sign, capable of doing so.
(C) In places where one road crosses another road, follow the prescribed automated signs, tips and any instructions indicated.
23. Distance from the front vehicle – The driver of a motor vehicle which is moving behind another motor vehicle, if the front vehicle suddenly slows down or stops, it will move a sufficient distance from the other vehicle to avoid detour.
24. Sudden stop (brake) – The driver of a vehicle will not put the brake unless it is necessary to do so for safety reasons.
25. Prioritizing mountain climbing vehicles – On hilly road and sloping roads, the driver of a motor vehicle traveling down the mountain will prefer the vehicle going up the hill where each vehicle is uninterrupted without road hazards. Is not wide enough to overtake each other and will stop the vehicle on the side of the road to allow any vehicle going up the hill.
26. Obstruction to the driver – No driver of a motor vehicle shall permit a person to stand or sit or place any object in such manner or at such place which impedes the control of the vehicle.
27. Restriction on speed – The driver of a motor vehicle while moving or equal to a procession or on foot or a police team, or while moving or repairing a road, the vehicle at a speed of not more than 25 km per hour. Will run.
28. Driving of tractors and goods vehicles – The co-driver shall not bear or allow any person on the tractor to operate the tractor while the tractor is running. No driver shall carry more number of persons in the driver’s cabin, The registration is described in the certificate and will not bear passengers for hire or reward.
29. Carrying out loads – No person shall drive a motor vehicle in a public place which is loaded in such a way as to cause danger to any person or is loaded in such manner or load or any part of it or any thing In lateral, the outside of the body or beyond or beyond the permissible limit in elevation.
30. Restriction on the carrying of hazardous materials – Except explosives and lubricants required for the use of the vehicle, no explosive, high ignition piles or otherwise hazardous substances shall be carried on a service vehicle.
31. Restrictions on backward movement – A driver of a motor vehicle shall not cause a motor vehicle to first resolve that it would cause any danger or untimely inconvenience to the person or under any circumstances. The distance or the duration, which is required tactically to wash the vehicle, will not operate.
32. Presentation of documents –
Someone driving the vehicle –
01. Carrying license, registration certificate, taxation certificate and vehicle insurance certificate and license and suitability certificate in case of transport vehicle will always be kept with you.
02. The documents shall be submitted for inspection on demand by a police officer of uniformed uniform or by a motor vehicle, by an officer in uniform of the department or by any other officer authorized by the Government.
(But where any or all the documents are not in possession, he shall furnish the whole of the documents, person-cum-documents, duly certified by a police officer or any other officer or by registered post within 15 days of the demand by the officer Will send to those demanded)
33. Every driver should be familiar with the provisions of sections 112,113,121,125,132,134,185,194 and 207 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.