- About 14,500 road accidents occur every year in Chhattisgarh, out of which 3,500 people are killed and 12,000 people are seriously injured.
- Around 05 lakh road accidents occur in the whole of India, out of which more than 01 lakh 35 thousand people are killed. That is, 1 person is killed every 4 minutes. India accounts for 6.5 percent of the world’s total road accidents.
- 75,000 to 80,000 crores rupees per year in India due to road accident.
- 12.50 lakh people are killed in road accidents every year all over the world,
these many people have not died even in any world war or any major natural
- Road accident is the 5th biggest cause of death of people.
- A lot of property will be required to prevent any war or natural disaster, but no property is required to prevent road accident deaths. If the road users follow the traffic rules then the deaths and losses due to road accident can be easily controlled.
- The average speed of vehicles on our national highway is only 40 km / h.